Count On Us!
Climate Activists from One to a Billion
Learn how a movement builds from one person to a billion in this A to Z environmental activism book. Readers count from 1 to 10 – and then in larger increments to a billion – as they learn new terms from “conservation” to “activism.” Inset boxes provide easy-to-understand definitions of additional new vocabulary words.
Key Selling Points:
- ACTIVISM: Provides numerous concrete ideas for how children can take action to protect the planet.
- CLIMATE CHANGE & ENVIRONMENTALISM: The book introduces numerous STEM concepts related to protecting the planet
- MATHEMATICS: Goes beyond a basic counting book; counts by increasingly larger increments to get to 1 billion and provides imagery to help readers envision relative quantities.
- VOCABULARY: The main text introduces unique words for each letter of the alphabet in alphabetical order, and inset boxes provide accessible definitions of additional new vocabulary words.
- BONUS ENDMATTER: Four pages of endnotes suggest ways readers can make a difference.